These carrot cake inspired breakfast cookies are one of my favorite snacks!
Yields: 8 big cookies
• 1 cup white whole wheat or all purpose flour (4-1/2 oz)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 1/2 cup oats, old fashioned or quick (not instant)
• 2/3 cup shredded or grated carrots
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/3 cup toasted, chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the oil, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar and vanilla. When well mixed, add the egg and orange zest and beat for another 20-30 seconds. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until flour is absorbed. Stir in oats, carrots, raisins and nuts.
Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop up big mounds of dough – they should be a bit larger than golf balls, but quite smaller than tennis balls.
Place on ungreased or Silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for 20 minutes.
List Posted: This Month
Commented: No replies